Rapid Mattapan Fire Damage Restoration and Cleanup
We Help Recover Homes After Fire Damage
Fires result from many possible sources, ranging from electrical shorts to kitchen flare-ups. Most of these situations require a deliberate action by trained restoration professionals to resolve. Conditions within a house continually worsen after a fire until mitigation can get underway, and these actions better protect the structure and contents.
Ultimately, successful and efficient Mattapan fire damage restoration services come down to the rapid response of our experienced SERVPRO team. The roster of FSRT-Certified technicians and cleaning specialists provides skilled experts at your doorstep when disasters strike. We are ready 24/7 to help.
Fast Mitigation Options for Your Home
Mitigation is a critical component of successful fire restoration services. With so many FSRT-Certified technicians on our roster and a fleet of vehicles ready to mobilize quickly in an emergency, we can help. SERVPRO professionals are trained in emergency services and beneficial mitigative actions to protect a structure and its contents from more significant harm. This phase of recovery includes:
- Debris Removal – Ash, smoke solids, and debris after combustion can be widespread and heap on the flooring. Discarding and cleaning up after this mess can directly reduce smoke odors and soot concentration throughout the building.
- Air Filtration – Airborne contaminants and soot particles threaten the structure. We place HEPA filtration products to reduce these circulating concerns.
- Bulk Material Removal – Controlled demolition is a crucial element of mitigation. We can focus part of our earliest efforts on removing the compromised structure and discarding collapsed or ruined building materials.
- Odor Reduction – Smoke malodors can be overwhelming initially and slow the restoration process or make comfortable living impossible. We utilize counteractant products to reduce the severity of these noticeable odors.
- Content Management – This can include the relocation or intricate cleaning of fire damage from contents and personal belongings.
Controlled Demolition Needs
Structure fires can take a substantial toll on the integrity of installed building materials. SERVPRO technicians must carefully examine areas that could require controlled demolition. Most of the early decisions for material removal correlate with pressing safety concerns or potential collapse, though it could also provide access to structural cavities or utilities that need attention.
Soot Cleanup After Mitigation
Soot is a common byproduct of combustion, as materials do not often entirely burn. The result can be thick and challenging residues on surfaces throughout the connected areas of the house. Clearing smoke solids and soils can involve several approaches depending on the type of fire damage. Surface cleaning is the least invasive, though more aggressive measures like media blasting or even controlled demolition might be required.
Removing Malodors from the Structure
Smoke odors are offensive and widespread, making them a challenge to remove without doing it in stages. The cleaning of surfaces and debris removal alone act as counteractants to strong malodors. We also have foggers, hydroxyl machines, and ozone generators that can overcome lingering smoke smells, including imaginary scents, that impact the homeowner.
Can SERVPRO Rebuild After Fire Damage?
One of the advantages of looking to SERVPRO for post-fire recovery services is our general contractor license. We can complete needed build-back services without delays when restoration processes are complete. We seamlessly transition to rebuilding wall systems, installing flooring, replacing utilities damaged by the fire, and remodeling if necessary.
With Mattapan fire damage events, every minute counts for restoration and recovery. We are a trusted insurance vendor in the area, making us a choice for efficient cleanup and effective mitigation of avoidable loss. When disasters strike, you can reach our SERVPRO of Hyde Park / Roslindale team at (857) 399-9797.